Time: 3 Hours M.M.: 100
(1) All Questions are Compulsory.
(2) The number of Marks carried by each question is indicated at the end of the question
(3) Clearly mention question number and part number before attempting
(a) The part of the same question must be answered together and must not be interposed between answers to other questions.
(5) Limit your answer to the word limits mentioned for each part. Divide your time proportionately for each question
Click here to join HCS Mains Test Series
1. Write short notes on any five of the following (100 words) 5×2=10
(i) Kot Digi
(ii) Le Corbusier Centre
(vii) Rai Bal Mukund Das Ka Chatta
(viii) Buddh Stupa in Chaneti
2. Examine the information of Fahien about the political, religious, social and economic conditions of India. (200 words) 10
3. Write short essays in not more than 200 words each on any two of the following: 5×2=10
(a) Kalhan as a historian
(b) Experiments of Mohammad Tughluq
(c) Sufi Movements
(d) Chauth and Sardeshmukhi.
4. Attempt a critical essay on the Indian Science and Civilisation in the light of Alberuni’s writings. (150 words) 10
5. What impact did Kabir and Nanak leave on Indian Society and Culture? (200 words) 10
6. ‘Akbar built the Mughal Empire by enlisting the support of the Rajputs; Aurangzeb destroyed it by alienating the Rajputs.’ Do you agree? (200 words) 10
7. Write short notes on any five of the following (100 words) 5×2=10
8. Write short essays in not more than 200 words each on any two of the following topics: 5×2=10
(a) The ‘Corps of Forty’ and its relations with the Sultans.
(b) The Token Currency System introduced by Muhammad Tughlaq.
(c) was Din-i-Ilahi monument of Akbar’s folly’?
(d) The system of the collection of Chauth and Sardeshmukhi by the Maratha rulers.
9. Discuss the growth of the Nirguna School of Bhakti Movement emphasizing the contribution of Kabir and Nanak to it. (200 words) 10
10. In what ways were Aurangzeb’s Rajput and religious policies different from those of his predecessors? What were the consequences of the changes made by him? (200 words) 10