HPSC HCS Prelims Test Series 2021: General Studies Test 6: Haryana Public Service Commission (HPSC) HCS Prelims Mock Test Series 2021: Haryana Public Service Commission (HPSC) is going to conduct the HCS Prelims Exam 2021 for the recruitment of candidates for different posts like SDM, Deputy Superintendent of Police, A Class Tehsildar, ETO and many more. The Preparation can’t be done without taking Mock Test Series for HCS Prelims. The HCS Prelims Mock test series not only enhances the knowledge but also provide a simulated practice for the Examination.
SYLLABI FOR THE PRELIMINARY EXAMINATION
1. GENERAL STUDIES
- General Science.
- Current events of national and international importance.
- History of India and Indian National Movement.
- Indian and World Geography.
- Indian Culture, Indian Polity and Indian Economy.
- General Mental Ability.
- Haryana-Economy and people. Social, economic and culture institutions and language of Haryana.
Questions on General Science will cover general appreciation and understanding of science including matters of everyday observation and experience, as may be expected of a well educated person who has not made a special study of any particular scientific discipline. In current events, knowledge of significant national and international events will be tested. In History of India, emphasis will be on broad general understanding of the subject in its social, economic and political aspects. Questions on the Indian National Movement will relate to the nature and character of the nineteenth century resurgence, growth of nationalism and attainment of Independence. In Geography, emphasis will be on Geography of India. Questions on the Geography of India will relate to physical, social and economic Geography of the country, including the main features of Indian agricultural and natural resources. Questions on Indian Polity and Economy will test knowledge on the country‘s political system and Constitution of India. Panchayati Raj, social systems and economic developments in India. On general mental ability, the candidates will be tested on reasoning and analytical abilities.
We have designed our HCS Prelims Mock Test Series keeping these points in mind HPSC HCS Prelims 2021 is consists of two papers: – Paper-I is General Studies and Paper-II is CSAT.
2. Civil Services Aptitude Test
- Interpersonal skills including communication skills
- Logical reasoning and analytical ability
- Decision making and problem solving
- General mental ability
- Basic numeracy (numbers and their relations, order of magnitude, etc.-Class X level), Data interpretation (charts, graphs, tables, date sufficiency etc. – Class X-level).
- Important Point: Those aspirants/students joined this programme will get the answer key / detailed solution on the same day of test in the evening (between 8 PM to 10 PM). ignore if you have already joined.
General Studies Test Series in English and Hindi – Click here to join
Pick your Pen and Paper, attempt the questions exactly like HPSC HCS Exam (HCS Prelims Exam is not computer based). If you want to know your ranking send us your OMR / Answer Sheet to : [email protected] or in the comment section. “Be honest with yourself”
Click here – download OMR
1. Which river, which was recently in news for failed rejuvenation efforts, is known as Mexico’s most polluted waterway by the UN?
[A] Santiago river
[B] Rio Grande
[C] River Lerma
[D] Colorado river
2. Which nation has recently banned the ‘reef toxic’ sunscreen?
[B] New Zealand
3. Which is the first Indian state to sign an MoU with IUCN to prepare a red-list assessment of Orchids?
[B] West Bengal
[D] Arunachal Pradesh
4. Which major tech-company recently announced that it has planned to cut more than half of carbon emissions across its supply chain, by 2030?
5. How many wetlands in India were recently added to the ‘Ramsar Site’ list?
6. Recently, Esperanza Base on the Antarctic Peninsula reached a temperature of 18.3 °C, thus becoming the hottest on record for continental Antarctica. Esperanza Base is a research station of which country on Antarctica?
7. The two species of birds- ‘Red Throated Thrush and Plumbeous Water Redstart’ were recently found in which state/UT?
[A] Arunachal Pradesh
8. India’s first commercial Liquified Compressed natural gas (LNG) bus was launched in which state?
[A] Tamil Nadu
9. MACS 4028 is a recently developed, biofortified high-protein variety of which crop?
[C] Oil seed
[D] Finger Millet
10. Which national park in India has set up the country’s first quarantine facility for animals?
[A] Jim Corbett Park
[B] Ranthambore National Park
[C] Kaziranga National Park
[D] Gir Forest National Park
11. The two species of birds- ‘Red Throated Thrush and Plumbeous Water Redstart’ were recently found in which state/UT?
[A] Arunachal Pradesh
12. Which tri-state sanctuary has been declared as eco-sensitive zone (ESZ) recently?
[A] National Chambal Sanctuary
[B] Gir Wildlife Sanctuary
[C] Periyar Wildlife Sanctuary
[D] Corbett National Park
13. Which plant species was removed from the ‘Tree’ category, through the amendment made in the Indian Forest Act, 1927?
[A] Rubber Fig
[B] Pistachio tree
[D] Rubber tree
14. Gharials, that were recently released in the Ghaghara river in Uttar Pradesh, belong to which species family?
15. Trionychidae, that was seen in news recently, belongs to which species?
16. As per the India Meteorological Department (IMD), the southwest monsoon occurs during which period of the year?
17. In which state, a new species of fish named ‘Schizothorax sikusirumensis’ has been discovered?
[A] West Bengal
[C] Arunachal Pradesh
18. Which type of animal is Stegodon, the fossil of which has been recently found in Uttar Pradesh?
19. As per a recent study, the 68 million-year-old egg found nine years ago, might belong to which species?
20. ‘Striped Hairstreak and Elusive Prince’ are the recently discovered species of which creature?
21. ‘Golden Birdwing’, that was seen in news recently, belongs to which family of species?
[A] Humming Bird
22. Bhagirathi Eco-Sensitive Zone that was seen in news recently is located in which state?
[D] Madhya Pradesh
23. Matheran hill station, where around 77 new species of butterflies have been found, is located in which Indian state?
[D] Tamil Nadu
24. Which is the second Indian zoo to have African hunting cheetahs?
[A] Thiruvananthapuram Zoo
[B] Mysuru Zoo
[C] Darjeeling Zoo
[D] Indra Gandhi Zoo, Andhra Pradesh
25. Five state-run oil and natural gas PSUs would make financial contribution to which fund?
[A] Green Energy Fund
[B] International Solar Alliance Corpus Fund
[C] UNFCC Fund
[D] Nirbhaya Fund
26. Which organisation is to set up a ‘Community response forum’ to analyse the impact of Stubble burning on places in and around Delhi?
[D] Ministry of Environment, Forest and Climate Change
27. “Branded Royal”, that was seen in news recently, belongs to which species?
28. Which Indian state has issued warning against hunting of migratory birds, especially Amur falcons?
[A] Himachal Pradesh
[C] West Bengal
29. As per a recent study by ‘National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration’, the Coral reefs of which country are found to have degraded significantly?
[B] United States
30. The National Green Tribunal has raised concern on pollution and frothing of which river?
31. As per IUCN’s recent assessment, which species in the Indian EEZ, are classified as Critically Endangered (CE)?
[A] Sharks, rays and chimaeras
[B] Great Indian Bustards
[C] Black Buck Antelopes
[D] Black shell Turtles and Himalayan Serow
32. Who is the Head of Commission for Air Quality Management in NCR and Adjoining Areas, which was seen in the news recently?
[A] M M Kutty
[B] A K Sikri
[C] Ranjan Gogoi
33. Tso Kar Wetland Complex, which was declared a Ramsar site, is located in which Indian state/UT?
[A] Himachal Pradesh
34. ‘Inji’, a Sumatran female, which died in the Oregon Zoon, U.S, was an animal of which species?
35. Which species found predominantly in North America is recently found to be at the verge of extinction?
[A] Bald Eagle
[B] Polar Bear
[C] Western monarch butterfly
[D] American Alligator
36. Which organisation recently conducted the biggest ever opinion poll on climate change?
37. As per a recent research, by what percentage the number of oceanic sharks and rays have declined in Indian Ocean?
38. Which species has been recently named after the state of Arunachal Pradesh?
39. Brookesia nana, which was making news recently, is one of the smallest species of which family?
40. Sigur plateau, which was making news recently, is located in which state/UT?
[B] Tamil Nadu
41. Which mold was recently found to be capable of saving memories despite the absence of nervous system?
[D] Physarum polycephalum
42. Nagarahole Tiger Reserve is situated in which Indian state/UT?
[B] Andhra Pradesh
43. Which state is set to start planting of ‘seabuckthorn’ shrubs?
[B] Uttar Pradesh
[C] Himachal Pradesh
44. As per the recent report of the IUCN, what is the status of the smaller, lighter African forest elephant?
[A] Near Threatened
[D] Critically Endangered
45. “Three-banded rosefinch”, declared as the 1,340th bird species in India, was spotted in which state?
[B] Arunachal Pradesh
46. With reference to Bio-diversity, what is “Orretherium tzen”, which was making news recently?
[A] Plant species
[B] Animal species
[C] Bird species
47. As per a new study published in “Biological Conservation”, which issue will cause many unique animals and plants go extinct?
[A] Endemic Diseases
[B] Green House Gas emissions
[C] Forest Fires
[D] Human-Animal Conflict
48. What is the original name of the Antarctica’s “Doomsday Glacier”, which was making news recently?
[A] Thwaites Glacier
[B] Pine Island Glacier
[C] Jakobshavn Glacier
[D] Helheim Glacier
49. “Azhdarchid pterosaurs”, the ancient giant reptiles are known for which peculiar part of the body?
50. Dracopristis hoffmanorum, which was seen in the news recently, is the official name of which species?
51. Who was recently presented with the ‘Lokmanya Tilak National Journalism Award‘?
[A] Ravish Kumar
[B] Arnabh Goswami
[C] Shekar Gupta
[D] Sanjay Gupta
52. Who has been appointed as the first Chairman of National Medical Commission (NMC)?
[A] Suresh Chandra Sharma
[B] Rakesh Kumar Vats
[C] Randeep Guleria
[D] Atul Kumar
53. Which famous actor won the ‘Best Actor in a Motion Picture – Drama’ award in the Golden Globe awards 2020?
[A] George MacKay
[B] Dean-Charles Chapman
[C] Joaquin Phoenix
[D] Brad Pitt
54. Chidananda Murthy, who passed away recently was a veteran scholar in which language?
55. Who is the author of the book titled ‘Asha and the Spirit Bird’, which recently won the UK children’s book award?
[A] Madhuri Vijay
[B] Jasbinder Bilan
[C] Meghna Pant
[D] Ira Trivedi
56. The ‘National Highway Excellence Awards’, which was recently presented by the Union Road, Transport and Highway Minister, was instituted in which year?
57. Which Indian actor was recently honoured with the Crystal Award of the World Economic Forum?
[A] Priyanka Chopra
[B] Deepika Padukone
[C] Kareena Kapoor
[D] Anushka Sharma
58. What is the name of the national award, that is given to a person for meritorious act of human nature in saving the life of a person?
[A] Jeevan Raksha Padak
[B] Raksha Puraskar
[C] Jeevan Shakti Padak
[D] Bharat Jeevan Padak
59. Who has been appointed as the new Chairman of the Central Board of Indirect Taxes and Customs, recently?
[A] Pranab Kumar Das
[B] Ajay Bhushan Pandey
[C] M. Ajit Kumar
[D] Atanu Chakraborty
60. Which Indian-American has been appointed as the new Chairman of the tech company- International Business Machines Corporation (IBM)?
[A] Arvind Krishna
[B] Abidali Neemuchwala
[C] Sundar Pichai
[D] Shantanu Narayen
61. Tapas Paul, who recently passed away, was a politician and actor from which state?
[B] West Bengal
62. As of 2020, which Indian Finance Minister has presented the maximum number of Union Budgets?
[A] Pranab Mukherjee
[B] P Chidambaram
[C] Morarji Desai
[D] Yashwant Sinha
63. Which Chief Minister of Indian state has been conferred with the Dr. Syama Prasad Mukherjee award 2020 for Politics?
[A] Y S R Jagan Mohan Reddy
[B] Chandrashekar Rao
[C] Naveen Patnaik
[D] Sarbananda Sonowal
64. Who has been appointed as the new Chief Information Commissioner of India after Sudhir Bhargava?
[A] Bimal Jalan
[B] Bimal Julka
[C] Kasturi Rangan
[D] Gopala Swami
65. Sahitya Akademi award winner Puthussery Ramachandran, who passed away recently, was a poet and scholar in which language?
66. Which former Chief Justice of India has been nominated to Rajya Sabha?
[A] Ranjan Gogoi
[B] Dipak Misra
[C] Jagdish Singh Khehar
[D] T. S. Thakur
67. A three-time Grammy-winning American singer recently passed away. What is the name of the singer?
[A] Kenny Rogers
[B] Iryna Bekeshkina
[C] Aileen Baviera
[D] Gianni Mura
68. ‘Days of Glory’ and ‘Mourning en masse’ are the famous paintings of which Indian artist, who recently passed away?
[A] Nemai Ghosh
[B] Nagorav Vitthalrao Deshpande
[C] Satish Gujral
[D] Jayram Kulkarni
69. Which former Governor of the Reserve Bank of India has been named in the external advisory group of the IMF Chief Kristalina Georgieva?
[A] Urjit Patel
[B] Raghuram Rajan
[C] Y V Reddy
[D] D Subbarao
70. Which Indian journalist has been selected as a recipient of the Freedom of Speech Award presented by Deutsche Welle?
[A] Siddharth Varadarajan
[B] Sudhir Chaudhary
[C] Rajdeep Sardesai
[D] Arnab Goswami
71. Lalji Tandon, who passed away recently, was serving as the Governor of which state?
[B] Madhya Pradesh
[D] West Bengal
72. Sumit Deb has been appointed as the Chairman and Managing Director (CMD) of which organisation?
[A] National Mineral Development Corporation
[B] National Aluminium Company
[C] Coal India
[D] NLC India Limited
73. Who has been appointed as the new Non-Executive Chairman of Bajaj Finance Ltd?
[A] Roshni Nadar Malhotra
[B] Sanjay Bajaj
[C] Rajiv Bajaj
[D] Shishir Bajaj
74. Which Bollywood personality has launched an online platform called ‘Pravasi Rojgar’ to help migrants find job opportunities?
[A] Nana Patekar
[B] Nawazuddin Siddiqui
[C] Sonu Sood
[D] Amitabh Bachchan
75. Thierry Bollore has been appointed as the new Chief Executive Officer of which automobile company?
[A] Mercedes Benz
[B] Jaguar Land Rover
[D] Aston Martin
76. Shirley Ann Grau, who recently passed away, was associated with which field?
77. Which Indian Industrialist is ranked the 4th richest person in the world by Bloomberg Billionaires Index?
[A] Ratan Tata
[B] Mukesh Ambani
[C] Anil Ambani
[D] Azim Premji
78. Which country has appointed the former Australian Prime Minister Tony Abbott as a Trade advisor?
[A] United States
[B] United Kingdom
[D] New Zealand
79. Which renowned Scientist is called the Father of Indian Radio Astronomy?
[A] Govind Swarup
[B] C S Seshadri
[C] M S Raghunathan
[D] V K Kapahi
80. Which Indian bureaucrat has been appointed as India’s next ambassador to Cambodia?
[A] Devyani Uttam Khobragade
[B] Taranjit Singh Sandhu
[C] Harsh Vardhan Shringla
[D] Navtej Sarna
81. Who has been appointed as the new Director General of Bureau of Civil Aviation Security (BCAS)?
[A] M.A. Ganapathy
[B] Sylendra Babu
[C] Rakesh Asthana
[D] Vijay Kumar
82. Louise Glück, who has won the 2020 Nobel Prize for Literature, belongs to which country?
[B] United States
83. Which PSU has won the National Awards for Excellence in PSU in the Investment in Start-Ups Category?
84. Yashvardhan Kumar Sinha, who was seen in news recently, has been appointed in which position?
[A] Chief Election Commissioner
[B] Chief Information Commissioner
[C] Chief Vigilance Commissioner
[D] Attorney General of India
85. Which team has bagged the first prize in Gov-Tech-Thon 2020 that concluded recently?
[A] Tech Teamz
[B] Tech for India
[C] Fit for Future
[D] Nature for India
86. Alex Olmedo, who has recently passed away, was associated with which profession?
87. Which country launched the world’s first double stack long-haul container train?
88. Padma Shri awardee D Prakash Rao, who was seen in news recently, was associated with which field?
[C] Social Activism
89. Which Indian mathematician has been named the winner of the 2021 Michael and Sheila Held Prize?
[A] Nikhil Srivastava
[B] C. S. Seshadri
[C] Manindra Agrawal
[D] Sujatha Ramdorai
90.Pradhan Mantri Rashtriya Bal Puraskar is awarded by which ministry?
[A] Ministry of Defence
[B] Ministry of Home Affairs
[C] Ministry of External Affairs
[D] Ministry of women and child development
91. Padma Shri awardee D Prakash Rao, who was seen in news recently, was associated with which field?
[C] Social Activism
92. Mario Draghi has sworn in as the Prime Minster of which country?
[D] United Kingdom
93. Which Indian origin Banker has been appointed as the Executive Secretary of UN Capital Development Fund?
[A] Preeti Sinha
[B] Devan Nair
[C] Kamala Harris
[D] Praneeti Verma
94. Tamilisai Soundararajan has been sworn in as the Lt Governor of which state / UT?
[A] Tamil Nadu
95. Who has been re-elected as president of the International Olympic Committee?
[A] Thomas Bach
[B] George Mcnager
[C] Mary Kom
[D] Richard Carrion
96. Guru Chemancheri, who died recently at the age of 105 is associated with which art form?
97. John Magufuli, who recently passed away, was the President of which African country?
98. Beverly Cleary, who recently passed away, was a famous …………….?
[D] Fashion Designer
99. The Human rights activist and journalist Ibn Abdur Rehman, who died recently, was from which country?
[C] Sri Lanka
100. Vera Gedroits, who featured in Google Doodle recently, is the first female military surgeon of which country?