UPHESC Assistant Professor Exam 2021 Test Series for Geography Optional: UPHESC Assistant Professor Exam 2021 Test Series for General studies: UPHESC Assistant Professor Recruitment 2021- Uttar Pradesh Higher Education Services Commission has started accepting online application form for 2003 vacancies for Assistant Professor Posts on its official website @uphesconline.org from 27th February 2021. The notice includes the dates and events for UPHESC recruitment. UPHESC Assistant Professor Exam 2021 Geography Optional Test 1
UPHESC Assistant Professor Exam 2021 Test Series for Geography Optional and General Studies – Click here
U. P. HIGHER EDUCATION SERVICES COMMISSION, PRAYAGRAJ
Syllabus – General Knowledge / General Studies – Click here – download
Syllabus – Optional – Geography – Click here – download
Important Point: Those aspirants/students joined this programme will get the answer key / detailed solution on the same day of test in the evening (between 8 PM to 10 PM). ignore if you have already joined.
Pick your Pen and Paper, attempt the questions exactly like UPHESC Exam (UPHESC Assistant Professor Exam is not computer based). If you want to know your ranking send us your OMR / Answer Sheet to : [email protected] or in the comment section. “Be honest with yourself”
Click here – download OMR Sheet
1. The given drainage pattern represents, which one of the following?
2. The Hydraulic Slope Theory was given by
3. E Horton
4. A Cotton
3. Match List I with List II:
LIst I (Mercalli Scale) List II (Richter magnitude corresponding to highest intensity reached)
(a) VI strong (i) 7 – 7.3
(b) VII Destructive (ii) 4.9 – 5.4
(c) X Disastrous (iii) above 8.1
(d) XII Catastrophic (iv) 6.2
Choose the correct options from the following:
a b c d
1. iv iii ii i
2. iii iv i ii
3. ii iv i iii
4. i ii iii iv
4. Match List I with List II
List I (Geological Era) List -II (Geological Period)
(a) Neozoic (i) Jurassic
(b) Mesozoic (ii) Miocene
(c) Cenozoic (iii) Pleistocene
(d) Palaeozoic (iv) Silurian
Select the correct answer for the codes given below:
- (a)- (i), (b)- (iii), (c)-(iv), (d)-(ii)
- (a)-(iv), (b)-(ii), (c)-(iii), (d)-(i)
- (a)-(ii), (b)-(iii), (c)-(iv), (d)-(i)
- (a)-(iii), (b)-(i), (c)-(ii), (d)-(iv)
5. The ‘Doctrine of Uniformitarianism’ was postulated by
6. Who gave the idea that there was an ice age during which most of Northern Europe was covered by Ice Sheets?
1. W.M Davis
2. L. Agassiz
3. W. Penck
4. A.C Ramsay
7. The statement “The present is the key to the past” was made by-
1. W.M Davis
2. Walther Penck
3. James Hutton
4. F. Von Ricthofen
8. Match List I with List-II and select the correct answer from the codes given below:
List I (Author) List-II (Works)
(a) John Palhiek (i) Introduction of coastal geomorphology
(b) Stephen Trudgill (ii) Limestone geomorphology
(c) C.H. Crickmay (iii) The work of the river
(d) Charles Lyell (iv) Principles of Geology
Choose the correct options from the following:
a b c d
1. i ii iii iv
2. iii iv i ii
3. iv iii ii i
4. ii i iv iii
10. Which one of the following options best describes the world distribution of active volcanoes?
1. They are found in association with young folded mountain systems.
2. They occur in river flood plains
3. They are associated with old eroded mountain chains.
4. They lead to form chains around ocean basins
11. Which one of the following groups of landforms are erosional features?
1. Stalagmites, Natural levees, Stacks, Talus
2. Corrie, Yardang, Gorge, Sinkholes
3. Natural Bridges, Beaches, Eskers, Star dunes
4. Flood plain, Moraina, Calderas, ‘U’ shaped Valley
12. The rigid masses surrounding the geosyncline were termed by Kober as-
13. Two cycle theory regarding the ‘origin of Limestone caves’ was propounded by-
3. W.M Davis
14. In the process of erosion, the removal of materials by solution is called
Q.15 Which of the following type of weathering is generally dominant in Greater Himalays?
1. Block disintegration
2. Scree formation
4. Granular disintegration
Q.16 which one of the following comprises the largest reservoir of the earth’s oxygen?
Q.17 Consider the following features related to glacial lake outburst flood (GLOF):
(a) Involve sudden release of melt water
(b) Failure of moraine and ice dam
(c) Large downstream discharge causing floods
(d) Rapid event casting for few seconds
Select the correct answer from the options given below:
- and (b) are correct
- and (d) are correct
- (a), (b) and (c) are correct
- (b), (c) and (d) are correct
Q.18 Match List-I with List-II
List-I (Geomorphic Hazards) List-II (Areas of Occurrence)
(a) Faulting (i) krakatos Earthquake (1883)
(b) Vulcanicity (ii) Greece Earthquake (1931)
(c) Hydrostatic pressure (iii) Gujarat Earthquake (2001)
(d) Plate movement (iv) California Earthquake (1906)
Choose the correct option from those given below:
1. (a)- (ii); (b)-(iii); (c)-(iv); (d)-(i)
2. (a)-(i); (b)-(ii); (c)-(iii); (d)-(iv)
3. (a)-(iii); (b)-(iv); (c)-(i); (d)-(ii)
4. (a)-(iv); (b)-(i), (c)-(ii); (d)-(iii)
Q.19 Which of the following avalanches are most destructive in nature?
1. Loose snow
3. Powder snow
4. Wet snow
Q.20 San Andreas Fault represents which of the following?
(a) Benioff zone
(b) Constructive margin of the plate
(c) Destructive margin of the plate
(d) Conservative margin of the plate
Q.21 In a fold if both limbs are parallel as well as horizontal to each other, it would be a case of which of the following types of fold?
Q.22 The direction of dip in reference of strike is always at which of the following angles?
(a) Acute angle
(b) Obtuse angle
(c) Right angle
(d) Straight angle
Q.23 Down-warping is produced on account of which of the following actions?
1. Crustal fracture
2. Crustal bending
Q.24 Which of the following is not a part of Circum-Pacific Volcanic belt?
1. Aleutian islands
2. Mindanao island
3. Azores islands
4. Sakhalin island
25. The constructive magrin of lithospheric plates is presented by which of the following?
1. Ural mountains
2. Mariana trench
3. Indo-Gangetic plain
4. Mid-Atlantic ridge
26 Match List I with List II and choose the correct answer from the code given below
List I List II
(Name of Author) (Name of Book)
(a) Steers (i) Geomorphology
(b) Von Richthofen (ii) The Unstable Earth
(c) Wooldridge (iii) Principles of Geomorphology
(d) Thornbury (iv) Spirit and Purpose of Geography
1. (a)-(ii), (b)-(i), (c)-(iv), (d)-(iii)
2. (a)-(iii), (b)-(ii), (C)-(i), (d)-(iv)
3. (a)-(i), (b)-(iv), (c)-(iii), (d)-(ii)
4. (a)-(iv), (b)-(ii), (c)-(ii), (d)-(i)
27. Conrad discontinuity is found between
1. Upper mantle and Lower mantle
2. Outer and Inner core
3. Sial and Sima
4. Sima and Nife
28 The upper part of the mantle upon which the crust of the Earth floats is known as
29. Which one of the following groups of topographical features is the product of erosional process?
1. Moraine, Barchan, Pinnacle, Wave-built platform
2. Cirque, Arete, Playa, Stack
3. Eskers, Fiords, V-shaped valley, Seifs
4. Levees, Stalagmites, Monadnocks, Drumlins
30 Which of the following groups of scholars stressed on the role of lateral erosion by streams in the formation of pediments?
1. Paige, Blackwelder, Johnson
2. Paige, Johnson, Lawson
3. McGee, Paige, Blackwelder
4. McGee, Blackwelder, Johnson
Q.31 Given below are two statements, one is labelled as Assertion (A) and the other is labelled as Reason (R), Read the statements and choose the correct answer using the code given below
Assertion (A): Plate margins and volcanic zones are closely related with each other.
Reason (R): Most of the volcanic zones are located along convergent plate boundaries.
1. is false, but (R) is true.
2. is true, but (R) is false.
3. Both (A) and (R) are true and (R) is the correct explanation of (A).
4. Both (A) and (R) are true, but (R) is not the correct explanation of (A).
Q.32 Which of the following features is formed due to tectonic forces?
1. Hanging valley
2. Rift valley
3. Blind valley
4. U-shaped valley
33. Which one of the following rocks is associated with “Cratons”?
34. The Two Cycle Theory on the origin of limestone caverns was proposed by
35. The concept of geosynclines was propounded by:
(2) James Hutton
(3) Hall and Dana
(4) J.W. Powell
36. Gutenberg discontinuity is found between the:
(1) Crust and mantle
(2) Mantle and core
(3) Upper Core and Lower Core
(4) Upper Mantle and Lower Mantle
37. The concept of panplain was propagated by:
(1) C.A. Cotton
(2) Von Ricthofen
(3) Crick may
(4) Alfred Von Wegener
38. The direction of a horizontal line on an inclined rock stratum is termed as:
(4) Free face
39. Peternoster Lakes are:
(1) Lakes formed on glacialstair ways
(2) Lakes having volcanic origin
(3) Lakes formed by a shallow stretch of water caused by sea erosion
(4) Cresent shaped lakes formed due to cut-off of a river meander
40. “The present is the key to the past.” This phase is related to the concept of:
(3) Plate tectonics
41. Which one of the following types of plate boundaries and motions are exemplified by the San Andreas Faultr of California?
(1) Transform boundary with sinistral motion
(2) Transform boundary with dextral motion
(3) Divergent boundary with sinistral motion
(4) Convergent boundary with dextral motion
42. Which one of the followings is the main source for a vast reservoir of relatively inert nitrogen in homosphere?
(1) Volcanic activities
(2) Fossil fuel burning
(3) Acid rain
(4) Global warming
43. In which of the following directions the Nazca Plate is moving?
44. Which one of the following groups of natural elements in living matters make up more than 99% of Earth’s biomass?
(1) H, O, C
(2) N, CA, K
(3) H, CA, N
(4) S, H, Na
45. Which one of the following phenomena plays a vital role in the dispersion of majestic dinosaurs?
(1) Volcanic eruption
(2) Zonal faulting
(3) Global cooling
(4) Continental drift
46. The Hydraulic Slope Theory was propunded by:
(1) R.E. Horton
47. ‘Mohorovicic discontinuity’ marks the boundary between:
(1) Continental Shelf and Ocean crust
(2) Asthenosphere and lithosphere
(3) Crust and the upper mantle
(4) Core and the mantle
48. The process in which one plate slides beneath another is known as:
49. San Andreas Fault is a:
(1) Transform fault
(2) Converging fault
(3) Spreading fault
(4) Submergent fault
50. Which one of the following is a fluvioglacial deposit?
(2) Kame terrace
(4) Loess plains
51. Which of the following earthquake waves is first recorded on the Seismograph?
(B) Rayleigh waves
(D) Love waves
52. The average density of the Earth is
(C) 5.517 g/cm3
(D) 5.555 g/cm3
53. Which of the following earthquake waves are most destructive?
(A) S Waves
(B) P Waves
(C) R Waves
(D) L Waves
54. Which seismic waves can pass through solid and liquid materials?
(A) P. Waves
(B) S. Waves
(C) L. Waves
(D) PG–SG Waves
55. The Elastic Rebound Theory (1906) profound by H.F. Reid which explains
(A) Origin of continents and oceans basins
(B) Origin of Cyclone
(C) Origin of Mountains
(D) Mode and Causes of Earthquake
56. The magnitude or intensity of energy released by an earthquake is measured by
(B) Richter Scale
57. The lines joining the places of equal intensity of seismic waves are known as
(B) Isoseismic lines
58. Which is called ‘Country of Earthquake’?
(A) North Korea
59. The main causes of Tsunami are
(A) Explosion of Volcano
(B) Strong earthquake in the ocean
(C) Cyclone in the Ocean
(D) Nuclear explosion in the ocean
60. When Sumatra Tsunami did occurs in the Indian Ocean.
(A) December 26, 2006
(B) December 26, 2004
(C) December 26, 2003
(D) December 26, 2002
61. One the basis of Earthquake Seismic Zones, India is divided into how many zones
(A) Zone IV
(B) Zone V
(C) Zone VI
(D) Zone VII
62. The Word “Tsunami” is derived from
(B) German Word
63. The concept of Geosynclines was propounded by
(A) James Hall and Dana
64. Barysphere is composed of –
(A) Nickel and Ferrum
(B) Silica and Aluminum
(C) Iron and Nickel
(D) Iron and Silica
65. Match List I with List II and select the correct answer using the code given below
(Boundary below the Earth)
A. Division of Sial and Sima
B. Boundary between Crust and Upper Mentle
C. Boundary Between Mantle and Core
D. Boundary between outer core and inner core
1. Weihert Gutten Berg Discontinuity
2. Conorad Discontinuity
3. Lehman Discontinuity
4. Mohorovicic Discontinuity
A B C D
A. 1 2 3 4
B. 2 4 1 3
C. 2 4 3 1
D. 1 3 4 2