The Ministry of Women and Child Development has recently extended the last date for submission of nomination for Nari Shakti Puraskar-2020. The last date has been extended till February 6, 2021.
- Join our Official Telegram Channel HERE for Motivation and Fast Updates
- Subscribe to our YouTube Channel HERE to watch Motivational and New analysis videos
Table of contents
About Nari Shakti Puraskar
- Nari Shakti Puraskar are conferred every year on the occasion of International Women’s Day.
- The award is conferred by the Ministry of Women and Child Development.
- It is conferred for recognizing the exceptional work done by individuals in the area of empowering the women.
- The Nari Shakti Puruskar is awarded to individuals or groups or NGOs or institutions.
- The award encourages the women to participate in decision making roles, skill development in traditional and non-traditional sectors among the women.
- It also facilitates the basic amenities for rural women and promote the women in non-traditional sectors such as science and technology, sports, culture, art and for other significant work towards safety & security, education, life skills, health & wellness, respect & dignity of women.
- The award comprises of a citation and a cash reward of Rs. 2 Lakh.
Who are eligible for the award?
As per the Guidelines of ministry, any individual of at least 25 years of age and institutions that have worked in the relevant field for at least 5 years are eligible to apply.
Why this award is given?
This award is given to acknowledge the achievers who have not allowed age, geographical barriers or inaccessibility to resources to hinder their dreams. Their spirit inspires society at large specially the young Indian minds. The award further encourages the society to stand up against gender inequality and discrimination. These awards also recognized the women as equal partners in the advancement of society.
International Women’s Day
The day is celebrated on the March 8, every year across the world. The day signifies the movement for women’s rights. United Nations started celebrating the day in the year 1977. The UN theme for International Women’s Day for the year 2021 is “Women in leadership: Achieving an equal future in a COVID-19 world”. The theme highlights the impact that girls and women worldwide had amid the COVID-19 Pandemic as health care workers, caregivers, innovators and community organizers. The hashtag for the day will be #IWD2021 and #InternationalWomensDay.